Monday, September 29, 2008

Quick, I need to get rid of these pounds!

Number of currencies in my purse right now: 3
Amount of money I plan to be spending this week: As close to zero as possible
Time it took me to be in a whole other country and culture: 1 hour
Paris rocks in terms of getting around to other places, it's so well connected.

Now I am back from Bath and nearly pound-less or as close to it as possible. I'm pretty sure it's just Euros from here on out. As per usual, I feel like a list is a good way to sum up what I did this weekend: 1 rugby game, 1 pint of Guinness, one camera in said pint of Guinness, 3 people seen in Jane-Austen-era clothing while visiting the Roman Baths, thanks to the Jane Austen center's festival that weekend. (Jane wrote Northanger Abbey in Bath and lived there for a little while.)
several drunk brits in the club below the flat I was staying in.. and one plate of greasy fish and chips! So, obviously as you can see, I had a great time.

Still think it's odd that I'm in classes. I don't know if I'll really get use to it, it doesn't feel like I will.

I have finished planning my mini excursions for the semester! They include the following:
One weekend in Milan
More than a weekend in Brussells Bruge and Luxembourg
One weekend in Amsterdam

Can't wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh Bath, I'm so jealous. It's freaking gorgeous there.

Also. Drunken camera?

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you came!

Anonymous said...

by the way it's meggie haha