Thursday, September 11, 2008

J'ai mal aux pieds!

More bug bites are appearing on my neck/face, this is not a good sign, hasn't the bug died yet? Christ!

Thinking of going down the street for some Sushi but the thought of walking is pain-inflicting. I can't believe how unprepared my body was for all the walking I do every day. I visited the Musee D'Orsay today and I could barely appreciate Dega's dancing ballerinas (personal fav) because my feet were screaming: "What the hell are you doing to us? You squashed us into those boots all day and you couldn't even put us in sneakers the next day because you are too scared of looking like an American? Shame on you! We're the only ones you have, you know!"

Well, my accent is enough of a give away, I figured I should at lease try to look the part of a Parisian. That's so annoying when you speak to someone in French and they respond to you in English. I have very chatty feet. Go figure. Everyone's feet talk to them every now and again, am I right or am I right? Don't give me that look.

Flights booked to countries outside of France: 2 (Milan & Bristol)
People on Metro this morning who gave me weird looks for (heaven forbid) eating some toast: 2

There is no such thing as snack on the go in France. I am trying to deal, we'll see how I do.

No comments: