Monday, September 8, 2008

Thoughts from a far

Life is so much easier once you've sat at a cafe for a couple hours with a glass of beer and talked about it.

I can't believe how jet lagged I still feel. I thought I would be over it by now, but this morning I was so tired I could barely form sentences in English no less French.

I did it, I bought a pack of cigarettes and I officially feel like a Parisian when I smoke them. Which will not be often since I'm really not a smoker. Just at key moments like sitting outside at a cafe or basically when ever I find myself standing around outside.

I think that there is a bug in my room or something because I am finding little read spots that look like bites on one side of my face and on my hand. I thought there weren't any bugs really in Paris and that's why there aren't screens on the windows. Maybe there are very few, and it just so happens one in particular has it in for American students who speak French with an intolerable accent. I asked a crossing guard a question today and he was making fun of us and spoke to us in French with an American accent, I was like finally! A guy we can understand! I don't think he saw it that way.

I just want so desperately to be French. I obviously have to work on my accent.

No comments: