Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Why does it say I took out 40% more than what I took out of my account? Stupid exchange rate!

Just realized how much money I am spending here and realized I need to not like spending money as much as I do. This exchange rate sucks, and I doubt it will get better with America's fantastic economy. Just ate dinner with my host family, we had ratatouille! It was great, until the son jumped up from the table and ran to the bathroom, after which I expected to hear horrific purging sounds, but I don't know what he was doing and then he just came back to the table and muttered something I couldn't understand in French. Who knows what's up with that. I actually have some homework to do for this French class we've started taking at IES. The rest of our classes don't start until Monday.

I went to this book shop that sells used books in English, I bought the Hobbit. Since I can't watch TV and I have trouble downloading from iTunes I need something to keep me busy, and I can read it on the train.

Tomorrow, I'm packing my lunch. I'll just buy a half baguette to eat my tomato and brie cheese with and I'll refill my water bottle...see? I can be resourceful!

We'll see how long this lasts.

No comments: