Wednesday, September 24, 2008

And now, I am sick

Classes started on Monday. It finally feels like I'm studying abroad now. Before I was just hanging around not doing much of anything. Now I'm back to homework. School is a bit odd in France because teachers don't tell you exactly what is expected of you or exactly what your homework is, there are just texts you should read, and then I guess they expect you to just know everything. I don't know. Hopefully I'll figure it out. I guess now I won't have to try to find things to occupy my time since I'll be reading all these texts professors mildly hint I should be reading.

I felt really sick on Monday, thankfully I have a bunch of medicine from the states I can take to try to knock the sickness out of me.

Odd thing about French stuff I learned this week: Pharmacies don't sell tissues. Apparently when they're sick their nose doesn't run, it's just us Americans. Luckily I know where a grocery store with tissues is and it's not far from my school! It's the little triumphs that are truly exciting.

No comments: