Friday, September 19, 2008

Lunch on La Tour Eiffel, oh la la!

That's right, today I had lunch with all the IES students on the first floor of the Eiffel Tower, It's funny, from far away it seems silly to think there are restaurants and bathrooms and things in the Eiffel Tower, because the structure doesn't look very solid, like there are places for people to sit and eat. And how does the water and pipes and everything drain from the structure? I just don't get it. Those French architects are very sneaky.

After that I thought it would be a really good idea to scale the steep streets in Montmartre where Le Sacre Coeur is, a beautiful church on top of this very high hill, after only sleeping last night for three hours and being hung over. I survived.

Since I can't watch French tv for increments longer than 30 min and I don't have homework because classes begin Monday, and I can't download tv off of iTunes because "My C drive is too full" which is a load of bull crap, I read. I went to an English book store and bought The Hobbit. It's a great book to read on the metro because every morning and afternoon I escape the hum drum normality of the metro and get kidnapped by goblins, party with the elves and get bailed out of tight situations by Gandolf the Great, who is probably one of my favorite science fiction characters ever.

It feels very Never Ending Story, you know escaping the mediocrity of life and falling into fantasy adventures. Except no one beats me up here, unless maybe if I get mugged and I have a feeling when I'm done reading the book I wont have a large mystical animal who I befriend during my journeys to take me on a scenic ride flying over Paris.

It's just a hunch. At least I can dream.

No comments: