Friday, August 1, 2008

Come again Batman?

Saw the Batman movie again with my brother-in-law and it was just as amazing as the first time, possibly better because I could actually understand the quite lighting-fast dialog they utter under their breath. And the generic way they portray "new yorkers" in crowd scenes wasn't so annoying.

The first time I saw the movie was with Erica and (spoiler alert) at the part where the people on the two ferry boats are deciding whether or not to blow the other guys to high heaven, and there's this huge silent but deadly black man on the boat with all the other jailbirds, she turned to me and said, knowing my hope of being recreated in another life as a large black man so I can sing "Ol' Man River" from Show Boat, says "Hey look Bonnie, it's you!" Well stated Erica, except I wasn't anticipating also being an ex-con and covered in multiple tattoos and gang symbols. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Time to order pizza as Rose and I take bets on whether or not Erica and Vivian will be able to follow my directions to Brooklyn, then vamp ourselves up to look about 5-10 years older than we are so we can actually fit in at the uncharacteristically swanky clubs we will be visiting tonight in honor of Caroline's b day!

Here's to lines of coke I won't be doing in the bathroom.

No comments: