Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sum sum sum sum summertime

I love being home in the summer and not having anything to do. I get to go to the little town parade that goes through my neighborhood and watch Gilmore Girls every morning on abc family when I wake up at 11am and eat ice cream every night and tie-dye with my friends.

This phase will probably last about a week before I want to start pulling my hair out.

Hopefully, I'll be too distracted by my sister moving into her new apartment and friends leaving for school. I have to make sure I get everything done before I leave for Paris, like find out what family I will be living with, and where it is exactly they live. Also I need to see the Dark Knight one last time- In IMAX, get my hair cut, and figure out how to pack one suitcase under 50 lbs and a carry on to last me a semester. My mom suggested packing many little bottles of shampoo and such instead of one large one, because it would be easier to pack. But that would be a mess, not worth the small space it would save me in my bag. I guess this means I have to severely limit the amount of clothes I was planning on bringing. At least I have two weeks to figure it out...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recommend only brining a set of travel toiletries to get you through the first week. This will give you time to evaluate, will the host family provide shampoo?, or do I need to by my own. And if you do need to buy your own remember you can just go to your local chemist and buy some Garnier shampoo, just like at home. France is very civilized. Especially Paris.