Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving? Hell no- it's Christmas time ya'll!

The holidays are here, and it is making me so happy! The trees that line Les Champs-Elysées are lit and the first half of the Avenue starting at the Place de la Concorde is littered with little shops where you can buy an assortment of things like scarfs and hats and jewelry and things and of course crepes! I now know that warm wine or "vin chaud" really isn't my thing, though it may sound nice and christmas-y. And when it spills all over your hands it's damn sticky. I think I'm almost over missing an American thanksgiving. I will be having an American style Thanksgiving with people at IES and I'm looking forward to that. But I want to cook damn it!

In other news I'm really excited to be leaving for Amsterdam the day after Thanksgiving, so I won't be caught up in a post - thanksgiving slum and another up side- there's no black Friday in France! No hibernating for a day as to avoid the incredible amount of crazies out on the road. Not that I drive at all in France. But there are those insane motorcyclists who will come up on the side walk, so I guess my life would still be in danger.

On a completely seperate note, I am worried that my laundry will never be washed again. I think it's been about two weeks since my host mom asked me if I had any wash and I'm definitely going to need to either make a visit to the Monoprix for some underwear or the laundry mat to take matters into my own hands. But I don't want to spend more money when I shouldn't have to. I blew enough money this weekend as it is. When push comes to shove, I guess I'd rather have clean underwear than a couple extra Euros in my pocket. . . I'm gonna see how long I can last this one out. Wish me luck.

No comments: