Saturday, November 15, 2008

Now I'm back, from outerspace!

Midterms complete (check)
Fall break complete (check)
increase in softness around the belly (check)
Season of Gilmore Girls on dvd so i don't have to download episodes off Sidereel.com in order to watch television (check)

Mom and a sister came to visit for my fall break! I showed them around gay Pair-ee and then we hopped a train to Reims, where all the champagne comes from. It was just ok, I would have liked to see the vineyards instead. Then we hopped a train to Brussels and Bruge. We saw a marionette show in french, and an episode of family guy in flemmish, which I don't know if you know this- is really hilarious even when you have no idea what they're saying. I of course managed to eat my weight in chocolate and beer and went home happy! I was sad to see my mom and sister go, skype just isn't the same as face to face. I hope everyone else realizes that in 30 years when we interact only by avatars. (yikes)

Now I have to do homework. That is if I want to pass my classes. At least I only have a month left of class. But that also means only a month left of Paris! What will I do when I can't walk down the street for a demi baguette or a 2 Euro bottle of wine? Some how I'll have to manage. I think being able to order delivery pizza will make up for it. And being able to cook full meals in my kitchen. And watching television in english.

And not having to use my french alias- Jacquline Roucher

And drying my clothes in the dryer.

... and not getting asked for directions by other people in french and then frowning when I don't know where the street is and replying.. je ne sais pas, desolee...

At least they thought I was French.