Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration filtration awesomenation

Today I am fairly certain I watched CNN for about half the time I was awake. The funny thing is I thought I wasn't going to be able to see the inauguration at all because I had classes during the day which hadn't been canceled, but I actually spent the entirety of my second class watching President Obama being sworn in and giving his inaugural speech. Of course when we were watching the speech in Business Journalism we had to note when he mentioned business and the state of the economy so watching the inauguration could somehow be related to class. After about 4 hours of watching the television- at about 5 min after the parade started I realized I could only watch a car moving at a snail's pace for so long and decided to try to be productive. I don't think I really felt the full magnitude of the awesome moment in history I just witnessed.

Some day I know I'll realize it, and I'll probably wish I had watched that car creep down the street the length of the parade route.

No comments: