Tuesday, June 16, 2009

When you least expect it

I have spent weeks sitting alone in my house job searching with disappointing results. Monday I finally decided it would be good to get out of the house and do something else for a change, so I went to my sister's 7th grade classroom and helped her finish some end of term busy work. That night I went into the city to see my friend Cara. She created this piece of theater called Better Not Touch That and hosted a party to raise money for the show which will go up in the Fall. My friend Erica and I went to the benefit at this cool little bar called The Living Room in the east village after getting tapas at this great little cuban place (of course that was not nearly enough to satisfy Erica and I's appetite so we had to grab some late-night sushi after the show). A couple of great blue grass bands played which were sporadically joined by this awkward kind-of-hipster-crowd-dancing couple unfortunately. Fortunately, I drank enough that I didn't care, anyways I was so happy to have an excuse to go into the city.

Low and behold the next day I get a call with a job offer, for a job that starts tomorrow. Weird how these things work. It's so obvious now; you have to get out and forget about your day to day work every once in while. I think job searching is like watching water boil, it wont happen until you step away and leave it alone for a little while.


No comments: