Thursday, August 27, 2009

I did it- I got not one but two interviews the following week after I made the bet with my sister! (See entry below for details) It came as a total surprise really, I got a call from the Manhattan Theatre Club about a position I applied for a while ago, and that same day on a whim I applied for a job on Craigslist and got an immediate response for an interview. After a morning of job searching online I went to get a massage at massage envy, and low and behold when I stepped outside I realized I had a missed call from a New York number and voice mail asking me to come in for a job interview. I was ecstatic, I couldn't wait to call my sister. After the two interviews, I don't think I'll take either of the jobs because they're really not what I'm looking for, but I'm still grateful that they happened because they gave me hope and made me realize that not everyone laughs at my resume when I submit it for jobs. Tomorrow I have a meeting with a temp agency in NY and another on Monday. I'm really hoping that these two lead to something that pays. That's what I need, to find a paying job.

No comments: